Easter Lilies are Deadly to Cats

Beth Bach
2 min readApr 4

Don’t let this plant become a tragedy for your cat.

white lily flower
Photo by Matt on Unsplash

It’s that time of year when Easter lilies are sold everywhere. They’re beautiful flowers but if you’re a cat lover, you’re not going to want one in your house.

I’m posting this short plea to make sure you’re aware of the problem.


All parts of the lily are poison to cats.

Eating even small amounts leads to acute kidney damage.

A few grains of pollen sniffed by a curious cat can kill.

There is no antidote.

There is a short window of time when a vet may be able to save your cat but irreversible kidney damage starts within 18 hours.

So choose a different flower to decorate your home this spring and remove any lilies from bouquets you receive at any time of the year.

Click on image to go to the ASPCA page about lilies.
Click on the image to go to the sign-up page.
Beth Bach

Cats + Books + Friends + Coffee/Wine = Happy Life | 20+ yrs cat rescue | Sign up for The Catnip Life weekly newsletter: http://bit.ly/3JEWruO